Tuesday 22 March 2011

My First Blog Post - March 22, 2011

Hello,
Well I have always wanted to blog but never thought I had an interesting enough "topic" or "interest" to write about but here I am in the midst of my Infertility journey.  If you are reading this, you are probably going through the same thing as me to a different degree and with the same amount of anxiety, frustration, sadness, hope and all the fun stuff that is the wonderful road of Infertility.  A little about me in IVF language:

TTC - June 2009
RX - mild male factor, tubal and now premature ovarian failure
IVF#1 - July 2010 cancelled due to poor response
IVF#2 - September 2010 cancelled due to poor response
IVF #3 - March 2011, made it to ER and ET, 3dt, BFN - beta 0
Next steps: Egg donor cycle

I write this to chronicle my journey into an Egg Donor cycle, all the ifs, what's and buts.  My first appointment is in a Seattle clinic (I'm Canadian from Vancouver) so that in itself is scary.  $30K is the number that is being bounced around.  Me and DH are committed.  Looked at egg donor profiles today and even some photos.  Very intense experience to look at the face that could one day be your egg donor.
The experience will be surreal for me but at the same time exciting as it will finally increase my chances of having a baby with my wonderful husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment